Thursday, February 16, 2012

32 weeks!

Even though I'm 32 weeks along, I think I still think of the pregnancy and my toddler as being separate. Either I'm focused on the state of being pregnant by responding to movement or while at an OB appointment, or I'm interacting with Tyler. The past few days, I find I'm referring to 'kids' and 'children' and it's no longer hypothetical or a manner of speaking. Soon we will be parents of two...

I carried my toddler a bit more than usual tonight and I saw how much it calmed him to be at that vantage point, secure. I miss it too, how he settles right into me and we become one unit. But then, it becomes too much, or I'm aware of the added strain, so I set him down. I'm excited to see those new interactions between him and the newborn. It will be the beginning of him not being an only child, of having someone look up to him, of being the bigger, more able, and more independent one.

No comments:

Post a Comment