Monday, March 19, 2012

Nesting second time around

The first time, we received an outpouring of support in the form of new gifts, gently used furniture and toys and accessories, advice, and encouragement. We bought a car seat / stroller travel system, chose a convertible crib, bought a dresser, and set up the second largest bedroom as a baby room. We washed all the baby clothes and cleaned house.

The second time, pregnancy nearly at full-term, the new baby's room....is still an office. We are no less excited, but we know this one will initially stay in our bedroom, either co-sleeping or in a portable crib. We did our research and bought a sit-and-stand stroller months ago, and we are looking into a vehicle that will accommodate 2 car seats and up to 4 adults comfortably. Beyond that, it was reassuring to already have the basics, and to not have needed much more beyond some smaller sized diapers.

Instead of cleaning house, I am nesting by adding to the growing library of children's books...with added justification that two kids will benefit instead of just one...I remember as a child that books were how my parents indulged me, and that I would leave the library with armfuls of books each visit. The love of reading is a legacy that I've already started passing on to my toddler, and will be the gift the newborn receives also.

No comments:

Post a Comment