Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Expectant...

I've just started the second trimester...so this blog will now need to accommodate two. As word spreads, I'm recognizing that rise of the community of support again, and it's reassuring. Our work week family of mom/dad/toddler/mother in law has become a cozy unit, with still some individual time and space for each of us.

Even though the baby hasn't made its appearance, it has made its presence felt. I breastfed Tyler until he was 16 months old. I weaned him when my supply went down, about nine weeks along. He was still interested and would have continued. I am more mindful of not tiring myself out, and am asking for more help when I need it.

I've heard some moms express concern that they won't have enough or as much love for the second baby. I'm already somewhat nostalgic for the undivided attention I can give to the firstborn. He doesn't know what's coming, but he will soon be displaced by a needy, physically dependent newborn. I hope I can cherish the alone time we have and that he's not pushed to grow up too quickly.

I think that just as the new baby will recognize his parents' voices that s/he will also recognize the voice of their big brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment