Thursday, October 13, 2011

Second trimester & a 17-month old!

I'm getting out of that foggy first-weeks of pregnancy state into rhe period when your body is incrementally changing yet not feeling consistent movement of the growing baby. I feel well enough to forget at times that I'm pregnant, until I misjudge how to sleep and find myself awake six hours after turning in early.

Am I already going to need to adjust again to being sleep-deprived?

Meanwhile, my toddler takes me by the hand and leads me from room to room. Holding my hand, he'll walk up a few stairs before reverting to the more efficient means: climbing.

We were offered a play set, and I'd like to see it set up this year, so he can play outdoors closer to home in good, but changeable weather.

One of the new senior managers has a ten-month old son, and he visited during a lunch break this week. Seeing her interact with him for just a couple of minutes humanized her, and gave an instant shorthand glimpse into her values, and capacity for warmth. I realized afterwards that she didn't take a year away, and I think it helped her career not to, as she has taken on new responsibilities from her former role. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to another year away while trying hard not to be in 'exit' mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment